Monday, August 7

Friday we headed up to stay at my parent's house in NH. We left here late and didn't get there until almost 9. Heather went to bed soon after we got there and I kept Alison up until midnight in hopes that she would sleep good and not wake Heather up(bad mommy!) Heather woke up at 2 am the first night, so Bob went to sleep in the room with Alison. I finally got Heather to go back to bed after about an hour. Then Alison got up at 6. yuck! We spent a lot of time out in the boats, which the kids love.

Heather waving to my parents from the boat


It was nice to get away, but I have to admit that Heather really wore me out. She only wants Mommy and no one else can do anything for her. It isn't fun for me. Bob watched her while I went kayaking with my mother and Heather freaked and wailed the binnoculars into the lake. Then later I attempted to leave her with Bob while I showered and she had a fit for him and threw her toy into the lake. Which is too deep to find anything in. Little brat! She learned her lesson about throwing things in the water after she realized no one could get her toy back though. She was devastated!

Heather sitting on the dock


Alison roasted marshmallows with my mother


Heather insisted on sleeping in the bottom bunk that night instead of the port a crib. She surprised me and did great. She got up once in the night and but did go back to sleep after a while. Then she napped in the bed Sunday too. I guess she is growing up on me. *sigh*

who me tired? never.


Sunday we headed over to a local state park to swim because the lake my parent's are on had a swim advisory(bacteria.) The state park was beautiful. The water was crystal clear and so warm. Even Heather ventured in for the first time past her knees and swam. Yay! I was so excited to see her having such a good time in the water.







We got home late Sunday and caught up on our sleep.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Looks like so much fun!!! And I totally understand about toddlers wearing out mommy!

mommy3 said...

Adorable photos! Looks like such a fun place! Your girls are getting so big. I had to chuckle at your caption for the pic of Heather resting on the recliner! Cute, and so true with the toddlers!