Tuesday, August 8

Or a Nanny... These kids are really wearing me out. I feel guilty that I am looking forward to school starting, but I am telling you that this 6 year old is exhausting. What happened to children who can happily amuse themselves or play outside? Mine can't. They need me to play with them. The minute I stop Alison complains she is bored. I hope it is just her age and something she soon outgrows. I had a talk with her yesterday over what activities/sports she wants to do this fall. I told her she can pick 2. No more than that at a time! Last year we did dance, soccer, gymnastics and swim. She is deciding whether she wants to take hip hop dance or karate. Should be interesting... I think I will sign Heather back up for swim and maybe a tumbling class to help with her balance and motor skills.

Heather has been talking away. She is shocking everyone with how quickly she is putting words together. Her clarity isn't great still, but she is stringing 4+ words together in a sentence! This is a drastic improvement since even 2 months a go. She has a speech evaluation with Children's hospital scheduled for this Thursday and I amthinking that they will say she doesn't qualify for services(I can hope at least..lol.) She then has an articulation pathologist coming to our house from E.I. to evaluate her Friday. I am not overly concerned that she get speech therapy myself. I am pushing more for her to get a good OT working with her. I want to give her every chance to learn to deal with this sensory dysfunction.

We have so many appts coming up..
this week:
Wed- PT(me)
Thurs- speech eval @ Children's
Fri-articulation eval from EI, Heather PT
next week:
Mon-Alison appt immunology,starting injections(I think)
Tue- Heather dentist appt(Lord help us all!)
Wed-Heather Pt
Fri-Pt(me)

And I am watching my parents 2 dogs(one is in the middle of housebreaking too) and watering their flowers while they are away this week. Fun!

I hate that we have so many appointments the next few weeks. It is the end of Alison's break and I want to do so much with her and let her have fun. I am hoping to fit in a lot of playing and day trips around the appts.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I hope life slows down for you soon!!! And I think it's awesome Heather is talking so much!

mommy3 said...

I can relate to the 6-year-old climbing the walls and the back-to-school crunch. When did summer go by?!? I couldn't imagine having your busy schedule - you amaze me with all that you do! Hang in there and don't forget to get some rest!