Monday, May 28

Memorial Weekend Part 1

I should warn you that part one will consist of drama. Involving a car that sucks. Again. (Part 2 will be a positive post, I swear.)

I took the girls up to NH to stay with my parents for the weekend. (Part 2 will fall here, but not till tomorrow..lol.) We left this afternoon to head home. I stopped in Walmart to grab a snack for the kids before pulling on the highway. When we got out my car would not start. It was making odd sounds and all of the not so good lights popped on. Need I remind everyone that I just sunk $1600 into it less than a week a go? And then Friday brought it to the shop(the check engine light popped on). They checked it, cleared the code and said it was great to go. Ha! So back to the walmart parking lot.. I realize my car is not going anywhere, call DH back home to tell him to stand by. Call my father to come get us since we are in the middle of nowhere. In the meantime Alison is sobbing and upset. Nothing I can say will calm her. This rubs off on Heather. Now I am in the walmart parking lot(icky enough as is) with both girls crying and we are melting in the heat. My father comes, takes the girls in his car while I wait for a tow truck. He comes, says it looks not bad, but cant figure out what it is. Electrical, my automatic starter screwing with the computer, the engine(aaah)? He tows it back home. 100 miles away. I am now with my dad, the girls-still in the parking lot. DH's car is broken at home and he can't come get me. He finally tracks down my brother , who lets him use his car. My dad drives us halfway and we are rescued at last. After 4.5 hours. Yuck for everyone involved.

3 comments:

Kris said...

Oh yuck! I'm so sorry that happened. It's bad enough when something goes wrong with your car but then to have the kids with you (and have them upset and crying) makes it more stressful. I hope whatever it is that's wrong is something easily fixed. Especially after you just spent so much on it!

Can't wait to hear part 2! Hope it was a good weekend! :o)

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that just SUCKS, Angela!! I am SO sorry!!!

I hope you had some good to your weekend too!!! :) I'll be looking for it in part 2!

Cindy said...

OMG, that would have been terrible!! I hope your car situation gets better fast!!!