Wednesday, July 5

We headed up to check out my parent's new lake house in New Hampshire last week. The ride wasn't too bad. It would have taken only about 2 hours, but we made a wrong turn, so it took us a little longer. Their house is nice and they have a private dock onto the lake. Their view is awesome!



The girls loved swimming and spent a lot of time sitting on the dock watching the fish(and feeding them bread crumbs.)



My father took me and the girls out in the canoe. Heather got scared and Alison wasn't enjoying it much, so we headed back after only a few minutes.


Alison was totally in love with their paddle boat. She spent hours in it. I would take her, then Bob, then all of us would go. Over and over! Alison would have stayed in it until it was time to head home if I had let her!

Do they look alike or what?

Heather kept asking to go in the paddle boats and I finally took her. She loved it. We spent a long time out in it. She sat so good and held on tight.



(never mind Bob telling me to steer away from the grass!)

We had major sleep issues there the first night though. I put Alison and Heather in the same room and Alison took Heather out of the crib twice(she said Heather was being too loud-even though I didn't hear her say a thing!) So after the second time, I had Alison come sleep with me and Bob on the sleeper sofa. Heather fell fast asleep and slept until I woke her up at 7. Alison on the other hand... was wide awake, bouncing around all night long. Bob slept through it all, but I was up all night with Alison. She just would not go to sleep! Finally at 7 am, she passed out on the chair.

Just then my parents woke up and came out. So she got only 20 minutes of sleep and I got none. Imagine our moods on day 2!

The ride home wasn't as successful as the ride up. But it still wasn't bad. Heather had a bad belly ache and Alison was over tired and cranky. But we made it home and curled up to sleep in our own beds!




Well, that about sums it up! Leave a comment if you get a chance, we like seeing what you have to say!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds like you had a great time!! I love paddle boats too! It's been a long time since I've been on one though. The girls are TOO cute as always!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute poctures! Looks like a fun place.

Cindy said...

I love paddle boats! I am so glad you guys had a great time!