Tuesday, April 12

Cinnamon Coffee Cake

I tried this recipe out with my older girls last week and they have been begging to make it again. It is a hit with all 3 kids(and both adults).

CINNAMON COFFEE CAKE

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1872,155183-245207,00.html
Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk
Cinnamon Crumb Topping:
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon


Preheat oven to 375°F.

Combine dry ingredients for cake. Beat together egg, oil and milk, then add to dry ingredients.

Brush a square or circular pan with butter. Dust the pan with flour and tap out any excess. Fill pan with cake batter and level off top with a spatula. Spread cinnamon topping over top of cake and bake.


Bake for 20-25 minutes.


We added a tiny bit of cinnamon into the batter for more flavor too

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

YUM!!! I might have to make this! :) I made coffee cake muffins last night that turned out delicious - I love anything with cinnamon and brown sugar on the top! :)

Robin said...

Sounds yummy....I agree with Jen, anything with cinnamon and brown sugar...yummy!

Jennifer said...

I think I might make this tomorrow morning for breakfast. I am pretty sure I have all the ingredients in the pantry right now!! :)

Jennifer said...

Sounds yummy!! I'll have to try that soon!