I had my post partum check up this morning. I feel back to myself with the exception of way too much belly flab. I only have 2 lbs left of pregnancy weight, but many inches to lose! The OB was asking about the parents and told me to call and tell them he said hi. I love that so many people went into this never having been part of a surrogacy and came out in the end thinking it is such a positive thing. He definitely wasn't a fan of surrogacy back when we started but now is. Although I don't know how anyone who was in that delivery room and saw those parents hold their baby for the first time could not be a fan of surrogacy now. I went through most of the pregnancy not telling people I was pregnant or about the surrogacy because I was afraid of the negativity. But I learned I should give people more credit because I ended up with a lot of support from people I didn't expect it from. One of Heather's friend's moms has become a close friend because of this. She has been calling checking in the whole time and it has been nice having her to talk to since having the baby. It helps too that she had a baby not too long a go and we can aim at losing the weight together.
Baby Jacob is doing terrific. His proud papa calls me every few days with updates and has me on speaker phone so Jacob can hear too..lol. We are hoping to get to NYC in June to see them and get our snuggles in with the little guy.
Deleting Blog Posts
9 years ago
2 comments:
Awesome!
I'm glad you were able to change some minds! You did a wonderful thing! He is a cutie!
Post a Comment