Tuesday, August 24

Not The Mama

Today was my first "real" OB appointment. The nurse asked me to fill out a packet of forms. I had to ask her if she wanted my background information or the baby's parents. Want to talk about a confusing conversation to have. "Well yes, I am pregnant. No it isn't mine." Luckily the OB(same I had with 2 of my kids) is fine with being part of the surrogacy. Baby's heart rate was good at 166. Due date is 3/20. The Dr said he expects this pregnancy to go smoothly. The couple is anxious to come out for an ultrasound since they missed the last. They were hoping he would do one soon but it looks like we will have to wait until 18 weeks for the gender scan. I am counting down to the 12 week mark which is when I can stop these IM injections and estrogen overload!

School starts next week. I can not believe I will have a middle schooler. I want to say I am ready for them to go back but I really am not. I will miss them like crazy. We aren't telling them about the surrogacy until they have had time to get settled into their new schools.

1 comments:

Robin said...

Sounds like things going well!!