Sunday, February 14

Who Knew

Who knew this pregnancy that isn't even mine would be more stressful than any of mine were! I have still been cramping/spotting off and on. I decided last night that I was officially freaked out and convinced I am going to miscarry. I woke up early and called the couple bright and early to tell them what is going on. I spoke with S and he was concerned too and wanted me to call the clinic. I did and they told me they could move my u/s to tomorrow. S called back and said he spoke with them and they decided it could stay Friday, that I am ok. That this bleeding and cramping can be totally normal for IVF. They said this is a whole new ball game and totally different than a typical pregnancy. Apparently because I took so so many hormones to get my uterus nice and fluffy for the babies(yes they think 2!) the lining can bleed out a little during the pregnancy. The progesterone I am still inserting twice a day can also irritate the cervix and cause bleeding. So they aren't alarmed. I am reassured somewhat, still nervous. So we wait for Friday and hope everything is ok! I don't think I realized just how different this pregnancy would be for me than my others.

1 comments:

Cindy said...

I don't know if this helps or not but I spotted through the first trimester of all my pregnancies. I hope it settles down and the u/s friday goes well!