Sunday, November 15

November already?

I can't believe it is November. It feels like just last week I was sitting at the beach with my girls enjoying the sun. Time is going by way too quickly. Speaking of time flying.. we celebrated Alison's 10th birthday a few weeks a go. TEN. When did that happen?!


I am going through the screening process of becoming a gestational surrogate. I would be carrying a baby for a couple who can not have a baby on their own. It would not be my egg, would not be my baby, I would just be the oven to cook it! I have been talking with them since July about helping them and passed all of the medical testing so far. We have talked with a social worker, lawyer and the IVF clinic and the next step is a 2 day long screening for this week. If all goes well, we plan to do an embryo transfer in January. I am excited and nervous. My family was upset at this at first but they are finally coming around a little and are keeping their negativity to themselves. I am a little worried how people will react to this. I am afraid some might say things in front of the kids about it negatively. This has been one of our main worries all along while deciding if we should go through with it. (That and my HUGE fear of being pregnant with twins.)

5 comments:

Captain Char said...

i can't believe it's november either, it goes by so fast!! happy 10th bday to alison too!! and i'm freezing today for some reason lol

i really hope everything goes well with the surrogacy. i don't understand why people have negative feelings towards this miracle you are giving someone. the person i would think would have the biggest problem would be yourself. and if you're wanting to do it, there's a reason why :)

Julie said...

I think it's awesome that you are doing surrogacy. I too wonder sometimes why people have a hard time with it.
Happy belated 10th Birthday to Alison! :D
When I realized it was November I almost fell over. lol I mean, that means it's been like 2 years since I got pregnant almost! Whoa! :)

Robin said...

I think it's fantastic. I would have loved to do that but I'm to old. I loved being pregnant and it was very easy on me (no symptoms). Good luck. Hope it works out. Did you know that Kendrie's mom was a surrogate a couple of times. Here's her blog
http://www.notquitewhatihadplanned.com/. She's open to contact if you have any questions.

Anonymous said...

I think surrogacy is a noble act of generosity. I'm sure you are bringing the greatest gift of joy to this couple. Good luck!

Angela said...

Thanks for the link Robin. I haven't been by her blog for a few years and didn't realize she had been a surrogate!