Life is crazy. That is nothing new. I loved summer but now that school is back, the stress level has exploded. So many things to do every day. Heather started kindergarten and loves it. Except when they pull her out of class for physical therapy, then she cries. Alison hates school. Every year she hates it a little more. Every year, I hate her school a little more too. They are fine for the average student. The student who needs some extra support or some extra help learning something gets left in the dust though. They have succeeded in making her feel stupid already this year in the first few weeks. I hate it. I wish I could home school her, but I can't. She needs extra help and someone who knows what they are doing. I looked at private schools all summer. The ones I can afford aren't a good fit. I emailed her neurologist yesterday explaining what is going on with her school and he said he will help me think of something at our next appointment. But waiting a month to do something feels like forever when she gets up every morning and cries about school. Comes home every day and cries about school. Cries through her homework. That is not what being 9 is supposed to be like. You are supposed to be carefree and happy. I hate it for her. I hate it for me too.
Sarah is one. ONE. I can't believe it either. I just love that girl more than words could say. She is funny. She is adorable. She loves her sisters. Her sisters love her. I could watch her walk around the house all day long. Her little shuffle without so much as bending a knee. I love it. I am so glad every minute of every day that we decided to add one more little person to our family.
Deleting Blog Posts
9 years ago
2 comments:
I am so so sorry to read about Alison. My heart just aches for you and her. That must be the most helpless feeling...and I am so sad that she hates school. I wish there was a solution. Hugs to you.
Was the neurologist able to help you at all yet? :-(
Post a Comment