We have been crazy busy. Three kids is a lot of work! Who ever told me 3 was no different than 2 lied...lol. Sarah keeps me busy every minute of every day! Add the older 2 home for the summer and it spells chaos.
Tomorrow morning Alison starts a week of day camp. She is nervous but I am sure she will have a good time. Heather has an appointment with a pulmonologist. She has had a cough for a long, long time. The pediatrician treated it with antibiotics twice last year. Then referred us to an ENT. He added on a steroid and steroid nose spray. She coughed more. We then were referred to a new immunologist. He added on singulair and 2 nebulizer treatments a day. The night cough went away, the day cough stayed and got worse. Then I called our pediatrician, concerned with the amount of medication she was on and the nasty side effects of the steroids. She agreed and said she was planning to call me about it that week. She said Heather needs to see a really good pulmonologist to get another opinion. We have been told it is her sinuses, her allergies, asthma, reflux(acid burning her bronchial tubes) and her airway closing causing the cough(remember she had the severe floppy airway as a baby). So our pediatrician is concerned and said feels we need this appointment and opinion and then she is ordering a cat scan to check things out herself. So I am hoping we get some answers and that those answers will be something easy to treat for her.
Deleting Blog Posts
9 years ago
4 comments:
My girlfriend's daughter had a cough like that, turns out it's asthma.
Poor girl! I hope you can get some answers so she can get some relief!
Have you been able to see the pulmonologist yet?
We did. Guess I need to update, huh!?
Post a Comment