Tuesday, September 9

39 weeks!

This morning I have my 39 week OB check. I am sure I have still made no progress. I am just too comfy and this little one plans to stay for a while! I have the feeling my Dr is going to try to convince me to be induced this week. My ankle swelled last week and then proceeded to turn red and was extremely painful. I saw the Dr covering mine Sunday and he sent me to the hospital. They did a vascular u/s to rule out clots and gave me an IV of antibiotics. Apparently I have a cellulitis infection. They marked my foot and said to come back if the redness crosses the lines. And they sent me home with an antibiotic to take 5 times a day! I am so bummed about needing medicine so close to the end. I haven't even wanted to take a tylenol this entire time. My hubby is really concerned about the effects of this infection and medicine on the baby and would love for them to say they were taking her today. Heather started preschool yesterday(will update about that later), which is the main reason I hate to be induced. I hate to stress her out extra her first week.
We will see what the Dr says today I guess!

2 comments:

Robin said...

All the best Angela, everything will work out I'm sure. You definitely don't want that cellulitis to get out of control that's for sure. Baby soon, how exciting :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better and your little princess makes a safe entrance to the world soon! :)