Friday, September 5

Stress

I saw my OB Wednesday. I am stuck at 1 cm and no where near ready to have this little girl. I swear it is because of the extreme amounts of stress in my life this month. We have been trying to decide frantically what to do with Heather and preschool. It took us a long time to decide between the pricey 3 short day program or the free 5 day all day program. We decided on the 5 day at head start. Until we met the teachers and went to the open house. Let's just say I think Heather would benefit more from no preschool than going there. Hubby met us at the open house and agreed, which puts us back to scrambling. And school starts Monday. As in 3 days. So we are heading out today to try to get her enrolled and then we will hope we can afford to keep her here. Ugh. Top it off with the fact she is still sick. She has not been fever free pretty much since surgery. It hangs around 100 degrees and she goes from playing and feeling ok to feeling like she is going to be sick and having a raging head ache. And there is apparently no cause for it. Then after a few lengthy conversations with her pediatrician, she decided to refer Heather to a specialist for selective mutism. This doesn't surprise us, we have known it is more than shyness for 2 years. But it doesn't make it easier to deal with. I don't know how she will handle school and I am just hoping it goes ok. As if this isn't enough medical crap, I have been on the phone daily with the neurologist adjusting Alison's medicines. The side effects are not good and hopefully we can get the dose right for her.

So when my Dr suggested he induce me next week I had to say no freakin way! This little girl needs to stay put and give me the next week to get things calmed down and then she can come!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Oh Angela, sounds like you have your hands full. Hopefully this baby waits her turn :)

PS Have you picked a name yet (not that I want to add to your stress or anything)

Jenni said...

Hugs, hugs and more hugs to each and every one of you. =]
(I say you have till the 14th anyway!)

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you are under so much stress. I hope everything works out with Heather's school!

Are you going to send out an e-mail when you have the baby? I'm doing well if I get to blogs once a week nowadays, and I want to hear when you have baby girl #3!