Friday, August 8

An exhausted update

I am just updating quickly on Miss Heather. I have been up for almost 36 hours so it won't be a thorough post! Her surgery went well. She had her adenoids out and the ENT put ear tubes in both ears. He said her adenoids were massive and her ears were awful and he thinks her hearing and speech will improve drastically now. Her recovery turned out to be anything but smooth. She was beyond upset and the 2 nurses with her tried but just couldn't handle her. They were concerned with me and my belly near her thrashing too so that didn't help since I had to fight to get anywhere near her to calm her. They sent us on our way before finishing her IVs because they thought that might calm her. Bad decision. We ended up being sent to Boston Children's(she had it done at another Children's location). She was extremely dehydrated, hard to wake and when she was awake she was agitated and vomiting. She was admitted onto 10South where the staff is excellent and they had her calm and feeling ok within hours. She is still having some issues with vomiting and her throat is bothering her a lot but she is getting back to her self. She was such a brave kid through it all and I am proud of her for it! Alison was very stressed for Heather and worried so my parents took her to their house in NH for the weekend where she can be kept busy. She has called me a lot to see how Heather is and she is happy now that Heather is on her way to feeling good.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh, gosh Ange. I am so sorry that she went through such a rough time. You've got to be totally drained. I hope you get some sound sleep and that Miss Heather is all back to herself in no time. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I hope the surgery really helps her and that she recovers quickly. I'll keep Heather in my prayers.

Kris H