Wednesday, August 6

Heather's surgery is booked for tomorrow. She will be having her adenoids out, and possibly she will be getting ear tubes too. I got the surgery time for Heather for tomorrow. They booked the OR for 12:45. No food or drinks after midnight. Ugh. It should be fun trying to keep her calm when she can't eat for 6 hours after waking up tomorrow. I need to try to talk to her a little about it tonight so she knows what is going to go on. Right now she knows she will see the Dr and breathe in some sleepy medicine. Of course the Dr said that I could come into the OR with her until she is asleep, only for me to realize today that I can't because I am pregnant. Now I need to tell her I won't be coming in. I am just hoping it goes smoothly and she isn't in pain after. I hate that she needs this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying really hard for the both of you. It must be so hard to know you can't go in. We always want to be there for them. Poor Heather not be able to eat or drink. I don't think I could do that and they want a 4 year old to do it. Please keep us all updated.

Debbie G.

Jenni said...

Wondering how the little miss is Ange. You too!!

Robin said...

Hope everything went well!!