Wednesday, August 20

holy big baby Batman

Yesterday I had my 36 week OB appointment and I had an ultra sound too. My Dr had scheduled it just to get an idea how large this baby is. The ultrasound showed she is head down and has her bottom wedged into my ribs with both legs stretched straight. Explains the "kicks" in every corner of my body! She is measuring around 38 weeks 6 days. The Dr said as of now, she weighs 7 pounds, 7 oz. He said she will gain around 1/2 pound a week from this point on and he doesn't think I will go before my due date. This will put her around 9.5-10 lbs is his guess. I am happy she looked good and is doing so well, but I have the feeling if she stays put until mid September that she will top 10 lbs. This Dr also told me Alison would be 8 lbs 1 oz and she came out 9 lbs 14 oz!

I have some cute u/s pictures but my scanner is refusing to work. :(

5 comments:

Robin said...

Holy cow!! They thought Amelia would be really huge but ended up just being really long (she was 8.1). How big were Alison & Heather??

Angela said...

Alison was 9-14 and 21.5 inches long. Heather was about a week early and weighed 8-12 and was 21 inches long. It doesn't shock me this one is big too, I just hope she doesn't get too big!

Anonymous said...

OMG. Both mine were big at a month early (Jack 9.5 and Theresa 9.10) but I had a c-section thank goodness(not at the time but now I am thankful and so was my husband). I am always amazed at women who can do it naturally. Big baby's are so much cuter with their rolls. Good luck and can't wait to see the pictures.

Debbie G.

Anonymous said...

WOW! You are getting close!! I can't believe she is measuring that big and that they don't think you'll go early! I hope you have a good last few weeks!! :) Any name yet??

Anonymous said...

Wow! She'll be a healthy girl, though! Do you have a name picked out yet? I can't wait to see the u/s pics.

Oh, and thank you SO much for putting Hayleigh's banner on here. It really means a lot to us. :o)