Thank you for the support. I appreciate it.((hugs)) I am feeling better. I ended up calling my mother and talking to her about what was on my mind. I felt much better once we got that behind us. She was glad that I called and didn't keep quiet about it. DH agreed that he will be cutting his second job's hours some. No more 16-18 hour days, 7 days a week. He will be taking off 2 nights a week. Which we all need badly.
Heather is still sick. We saw the Dr yesterday and she gave her a prescription for amoxicillan for a double sinus infection. Problem was that it was that bubble gum flavored goop. Heather tried to swallow it and just couldn't. It was a disaster. I called the Dr's office last night and the nurse there said "Every child loves bubble gum flavor. Try again." I explained that Heather goes to therapy for feeding issues and it simply isn't that easy for her. She then told me to put it in chocolate pudding or strawberry milk, since those 2 block the taste. Ya, she wont do either of those I explained. She wasn't getting it, so I hung up and called back again today. She told me to try the same things. I explained the situation. Again. She sighed loudly(aka as rudely) and again asked me if I was sure she couldn't just swallow it. Finally she said she would call in the chewable version. Then it was my turn to sigh loudly(aka as rudely) and asked her if she was sure they can't just do the injections like they have ended up doing every other time she needs antibiotics. She told me we have to try the chewables first. This will be fun.
Deleting Blog Posts
9 years ago
2 comments:
I'm glad you are feeling better. I know it helps a bit to talk it out. I'm happy to hear your DH is cutting down his hours too. I'm sure that will be really helpful. It's hard to do this alone. I know.
Sorry the nurse wasn't listening to you. Gah! That frustrates me when they just don't get it! If Heather is having that hard of a time with it, it isn't going to help to try again and again! I wish they'd just listen. Mom knows best.
(((HUGS))) I hope things get better for you soon. I'm here to listen anytime!
I tagged you! See my blog for details.
Post a Comment