Friday, May 4

Do you ever have those times when you think of someone that you haven't thought of in years or see something that reminds you of them and then suddenly you bump into them somewhere? It has been happening a lot around here. It is a little bit of a joke between DH and me. I will randomly mention someone and then we joke that they will pop back into our lives. And usually they do.

Around a month a go, we were talking about a guy that was one of my closest friends growing up. DH couldn't stand him in school and he was joking that maybe I should have married him. Two weeks a go, my mother tells me that she bumped into him in our neighborhood. He recently moved his family from NH into a house 3 houses down from me. He has a little girl Heather's age and he has been bringing her over to play. heather has really clicked with her.And I have enjoyed catching up with him. Then last week we went to a restaurant and saw one of my good friend's from Jr high and high school's father. I hadn't thought of her in years and was wondering what happened to her. Today when I turn on my computer, I have a message from her. She googled my name and came across our family photo site. She is back in town and wants to meet up.

Apparently it is meant to be that these friends come back into my life now. Maybe someone knew that with everything going on, I could use some distractions? No matter what the reason, I am glad it happened.

And Tracey, I saw you tagged me and will be back later when the kids are sleeping to do it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have had the weird (but nice) friends getting back in touch thing too! I have totally reconnected with some high school and college peeps that I haven't heard from in, like, a decade. I think it means something from the universe, but I don't know what.