Today DH had the day off from work(he worked last night). I dared to step outside of the house and not even 5 minutes goes by before the troop comes out calling me with Heather in tears. She gets passed off to me and off DH goes to do his own thing. I had a zillion things to do. Alison had a b-day party to get to, the house needed to be picked up so my mom could come watch Heather, and we had a funeral service to get to. 15 minutes before we need to leave and I still have not had a chance to change and get ready. We leave Heather crying and trying to follow me out. Alison is late to the party, we are late to the funeral service. We argue the whole ride there about responsibilities. Ugh. We get back home after and my mom is stressed. Alison then tells me how every time I leave her with them, she tells Alison she won't watch Heather ever again because she is too hard. Lovely. I just feel so emotionally worn out and drained. I do everything for these kids. And everyone else around me. I just want a break. When is it my turn? That sounds so selfish, and I don't mean it like that, I just feel like the more I give, the more everyone wants. I don't have any more to give lately. I feel like everything I do is wrong. I get advice that might be meant harmless, but hurts still. Maybe Alison's tics are because I am too hard on her. That Heather might not have the issues the Dr's say, maybe it is just that she is controlling and hard to handle. My list goes on and on. I try not to let it get to me, but of course it does. I live and breathe for these kids. I love them more than any word could describe. I hug them all day, we laugh, we play. I try to be the best mom I know how to be. Everytime someone says these things or acts like my child is too awful to be around, it breaks my heart a little more. I just feel like crawling in bed and crying. I went back and forth whether I step up and say that enough is enough and I don't want to hear it and risk ruining my relationship with my family. But then I think what good would that be? Realistically we are stuck here, we rely on them for our house. I just don't know.
Deleting Blog Posts
9 years ago
4 comments:
Hang in there. Keep on swimming.
I'm here to listen!
(((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))
Awwww Ange, I'm so sorry!! You are a FANTASTIC mom!!
I am always here to listen. I just wish I were closer so I could give you a hug.
That does not sound selfish at all. We all need a break once in a while. Especially when we have high needs children. I'm so sorry you are stressed out. I wish I was closer so I could give you a break or at least a hug and just be there to listen. I'm just an email away if you want to talk! Big (((HUGS)))
Post a Comment