Monday, February 26

A post for my fellow craft challenged peers

We woke up today to a few inches of fluffy snow. The kids are excited to finally have good snow to play in.

Heather is feeling better. She felt better the next day and has been fine since. The mystery of the stomach bug was solved today. Heather's OT pointed out that Heather has gotten sick to her stomach the last few times they worked on food there. She said her theory is that Heather is aspirating still and that is causing her to get sick. So she said we have no choice but to back step to soft foods only again. Until she gets the strength in her mouth to chew food better. Wednesday our insurance stops covering her therapy. I have no clue if I will keep her going and go into debt for years to come or if I will stop the visits. I am going to appeal the decision, but that doesn't mean they will cover it.

I decided that I would teach myself how to crochet. I though it would be something I could do as stress relief at night. So I bought the kit that says "teach yourself to crochet. Extra Easy" Ya, I am apparently craft challenged. I read the instructions(about 50 times), then asked(begged) hubby to help me. He read them for a while and got the first stitch down and showed me. So on to the next step I go. Couldn't figure it out for the life of me. I guess it wasn't meant to be. Maybe I need an easy hobby, like watching tv. lol!

Can you believe Wednesday my little girl will turn 3? She is beyond excited.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that Heather is feeling better so she can enjoy her birthday!! I can't believe she's going to be 3 already!! :)

That is terrible about the insurance company! I wish I knew of something that could help.

Anonymous said...

I'm totally cracking up about the crocheting. I once signed up for a knitting class, and dropped out after the first class. I am extremely craft challenged. It always LOOKS so cool, but I can't do it.

I'm really really sorry about the insurance. I just don't even know what to say. What type of choice does that leave you? How are you supposed to figure that out?

Sometimes life is so not fair.