Needless to say, I have been in a rut. Super stressed. Even more than normal. Heather started her new OT this week. We went yesterday morning and again today. It is a long drive and a long appointment. But I am feeling confident that these are the perfect people to work with her. The facility is amazing. Even if the OT did point out that Heather constantly does a "hand flap". I never noticed it, but since she noted it yesterday, I have noticed that Heather does it non stop and faster when she is overwhelmed. Hopefully that will calm down when she gets older and can cope better.
I am waiting to hear from my neurologist about the brain MRI I had done last weekend. I go tomorrow for the extra long 2 spinal MRIs. Fun, fun! The neurologist wants to wait until she sees the MRIs to schedule the spinal tap. I am hoping I don't need it. My cousin has MS, so I have been talking to her some. She said that she got 3 opinions before believing she had it, because it is so difficult to diagnose. The neurologist told me that sometimes it can take years to properly diagnose because they watch the symptoms and repeat MRIs and compare them. I think the not knowing what is wrong for that long will make me lose my mind. I want answers, no matter what they are.
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. We are having a nice quiet one with my parents.
Deleting Blog Posts
9 years ago
1 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving - thinking of you.
I know what you mean about the hand flap - from what I have seen with kids, it usually abates as they learn other coping strategies.
Post a Comment