Sunday, November 19

A Bummer of an update

I saw my Dr on Friday. The appointment didn't go at all how I expected. After she spent a while checking me over and talking to me, she informed me that "she isn't trying to scare me, but she really feels I have MS." She went on to say that she doesn't believe the MRIs were accurate that I had done last year. She thinks that they aren't showing MS simply because I am young. she said it is very hard to get "proof" of MS at my age. She told me her gut tells her this is MS though. She sent me to the lab to have a ton of blood taken. When I got back, she told me she had talked to my neurologist's office and that they are equally as concerned about me. They said I could go to the hospital and be admitted for some testing. I told them it isn't a possibility. I have no one to help with the kids. So I had an MRI yesterday and have 2 more scheduled this week. Then I will have a spinal tap(yikes). She said she wants me to see the neurologist this week too. She assured me that there are excellent medications for MS now. I am not feeling anymore reassured. Can I say that this really sucks? I don't know what I will do if it turns out she is right and I have MS. I have barely any support now. The only one giving me a hand is my mother and she works full time. Bob won't even discuss this with me. I can't tell if he thinks if he ignores it, it won't be true or if he just doesn't care. I wish he would act like it he is at least a little worried and be here to support me though.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Angela...I don't know what to say. You are in my thoughts. I wish I was back in Rhode Island to help you. Please keep me updated - I'm so sorry. :(