Thursday, October 19

Sick Girl

It has been a looong day. I have been thrown up on multiple times and had to rush a sick toddler to the after hour care with a raging fever. Heather is a sick little girl. :( Her temperature has been over 104 degrees since noon time. Tylenol and Motrin and it still stayed strong at 104.3. I called the Drs office and they wanted her brought right in where she is a high seizure risk(has had them in the past with a fever.) I carried her in and she was limp and couldn't talk. When we got there her fever had actually gone up to 104.7. The Dr swabbed her throat for strep and examined her. The quick strep was negative, ears look great. He said that her little throat was bright red and raw. So it looks like it is just one of many nasty viruses going around. So I am giving her tylenol and motrin, washing her down to cool her and just watching her for seizures. Hopefully she will wake up feeling much better. My poor baby. I deserve a vacation after today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. :( I really really hope she is feeling better soon - and that goes for you as much as her! I know how exhausting it is when they are sick.

Anonymous said...

I hope Heather is feeling better really soon!! Poor girl!! :(

Anonymous said...

Poor Heather. I hope she is feeling better today, and that Alison doesn't get that nasty virus. ((hugs))