Tuesday, October 24

Rambling

Heather is feeling totally back to herself. However, I got a call from Alison's school yesterday to come get her. She was feeling queasy. The nurse said she had no fever, but I took it right when we got home and it was at 101. Went up to 103 in an hour. Yikes. She spent the entire day and night in bed feeling horrible. And if you know Alison, you know she was very sick to be in bed. Even after surgery, it is impossible to keep her laying down. She is home with me today and looks slightly better. Slightly being the key word. Bob asked which of us will get it next. Evil man. I hope I am going to somehow avoid this one. I have had all of the windows open to air the germs out. And it is freekin freezing out!!

I know I have already blogged about Heather's speech this month. But.. she is talking so good! Every day she gets better and better. I think that by the time she goes to Children's hospital for her re-eval in speech, that she will be just about at age level. She seems SO much happier too, now that we can understand most of what she is saying.

Alison's teacher has been emailing me asking me to be room parent. I know last month she said she had a bunch of moms volunteer. I didn't. So I find it odd that she is asking. I am waiting to hear back from her on how much in class time I would need to commit to. I can easily do most of the things, but if she expects me in the class weekly, it won't work. Not with Heather needing therapy 3 times a week. I know realistically I should say I cant do it, but that part of me that loves to take on more than I can handle is saying to do it..lol. I loved being involved in Alison's classes every other year. We shall see.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Alison is feeling better. That is wonderful that Heather is doing so well with her speech.

It has been too long since we have seen you all, hopefully we can catch up soon.