As you have probably noticed in pictures, Alison rarely wears her glasses. To say she hates them would be an understatement. She says daily, hourly some days how much she despises them. She has been complaining of head aches and that they look blurry for some time. Her eye Dr saw her and assured me that the glasses were right and to insist she wear them. Well, a few months later, Alison still complains they hurt her head. So I took her to a different eye Dr and paid for them to give her an exam. The Dr went down on the prescription. He cut one lens prescription in half. Then we went off to Lenscrafters to see about changing out her lenses. $96 to change the lenses and keep her old frames. (You have to picture me cringing and feeling like I may be sick at hearing this.) This is the 3rd lens change. In less than 6 months. I paid and they put in the new lenses. We went back to get them and the woman comments that Alison is outgrowing her glasses and will need bigger frames soon. Like within the next 3 months. These glasses have cost me a small fortune so far. Including the eye exam, I would say they have cost around $400. For glasses. That I have to fight with her to wear. And I know she takes them off in school. Her teacher refuses to make her wear them. Very helpful...
On to Heather. She has taken up a new hobby. Photography. I kid you not. Anytime she sees my camera she wants a turn taking pictures and insists everyone pose and smile.
Here are her latest pictures.
(I apologize for this frightening photo of me. I ducked quickly to make sure I got in Heather's shot. She was aiming low!)

Deleting Blog Posts
9 years ago
1 comments:
Oh, you know I feel your pain on the costs of keeping up with a family (especially now that we are one income for the first time ever). I did bills yesterday and felt sick myself. :(
And I love the picture of you - is it my imagination, or do you look thinner? I know you said that you feel like you are gaining weight with the stress, but you looked cute in that picture (and skinnier!)
Post a Comment