Alison's surgery went okay. No complications, thank god. I was a nervous wreck. We were told it would take around an hour. So we sat in the waiting room. 2 hours went by, the nurse hadn't heard anything yet. Finally another 20 minutes later, the surgeon came out to talk to us. He brought us pictures of the inside of her sinuses.(hubby says he will divorce me if I scan them onto the computer.) Before and after pictures. The Dr said he normally wouldn't show pictures, but he wanted to show us how bad she was and how necessary this surgery had been. Her sinuses were completely 100 % blocked. She woke up fine and her biggest complaints were her sore throat(from the breathing tube) and she was queasy. They were pumping her with 2 types of anti nausea meds and she didn't end up sick to her stomach. After a few hours in the PACU, they moved her up to the 10th floor to her room. She was super cranky for the next 24 hours, but who can blame her? She was glad when we were finally sent home. Her nose is a little sore, but mostly she is just complaining about the bleeding and oozing. I had to throw out the codeine. The Dr said give it to her every 4 hours for this week. She turns into a mini Charles Manson. Yikes. Very frightening. Every time she got a dose, she would try to blow her nose(not allowed for a month) and scream and yell and slam doors. Not fun. So I have her on regular non psychotic tylenol now. I am thinking that she may be able to head back to school Friday. Woo hoo!
And I have pictures. The nurse told Alison to bring a camera and take pictures to pass the time. So of course I did..lol.
In the pre-op. Why the big smile? Because the anethesiologist told her she would get to pick a flavor of anethesia. Ah, to be 6.
The view out of her room. Believe me, it was much higher than it looks. We were up on 10 SW
She felt as crummy as she looks. She didnt complain once to the nurses. They had to leave the room and I had to ask her what hurt and then tell them. She didnt want to bother anyone.
Ready to go home.
Deleting Blog Posts
9 years ago
3 comments:
I've been checking for an update on Alison. I'm SO glad there were no complications. She is quite the trooper! How are you holding up???
Oh, and what flavor anethesia did Alison pick?! ;)
I am so glad that the surgery went well and that there were no complications!! I hope Alison is feeling lots better!!
So glad the surgery went well, and your girl is such a trooper! Bailey would not hold up nearly as well. Hope she fully recovers soon!
Post a Comment