Friday, August 18

I called Alison's regular pediatrician today and talked to her more about the surgery. She assured me that it is needed and that we have tried everything else before doing this. She said CPAP isnt an option for the apnea, because it wont work with her sinus closed. I feel better knowing that her pediatrician agrees the surgery is needed.

The ENT wanted to fit Alison in for surgery next week, but the OR at Children's is booked. So they are scheduling it for Sept. 8. That means she will miss her second week of school. :( I hate that. I tried to convince them to just wait a little longer so she doesn't miss out on those important days of meeting the kids and making friends. That is the only day they can do(besides her first day of school!)And they wont wait until October. So we have no choice. Her breathing is important. They assured me that the Turbinictomy will help. She will spend the night after the surgery in the ICU at Children's. Then depending how she is doing, she will either go to a normal room for a night or can come home if she is doing good. They hope that because the surgery is Friday, that she will be back in school by Wednesday. She will have to take it easy and no running, sports for 4 weeks! My poor girl. I feel so incredibly bad for her. It makes me want to hug her and never let her go. She doen't understand that it is needed, she feels they are just being mean. She told me today that she is scared that she will throw up blood again like she did last time. I hate this. I just hope that this is the last surgery she ever needs and that after this, she can breathe without trouble.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I hope she comes through thte surgery no problem! Poor little girl!

Anonymous said...

Poor girl!!! And poor mom!! I will be saying lots of extra prayers that it all goes very smoothly!!! HUGS!!