I am exhausted. I don't think I got more than 2 hours of sleep last night. Alison was up all night long, which isn't;t that un-common. But Heather usually sleeps through it and last night she didn't. She woke up 3 times and cried and cried. I was up with her almost all night until finally she went back to sleep. And of course it is the night when I have to get up extra early in the morning the next day too. My alarm went off at 5:45. Alison had her pre-op at Children's at 7:00. We met with the surgery nurse and went over everything. The nurse said that they booked her an ICU room after because of her sleep apnea. She said that with the swelling and pain meds, they need to monitor her breathing closely. Fine by me. I am hoping they keep her a few nights, until her pain is better some. The nurse told us that the Dr did in fact schedule an extra hour to the surgery in case he decides he needs to do more. She said that if he does more than the Turbinectomy, that her recovery time will be at least 2 weeks home in bed. Meaning she will go to school for a week and a half and then miss the next 2. I hate that for her. My biggest fear is that this will make school harder on her. While the other kids are bonding and learning the class routine, she will be home missing out. But I have no choice, the Dr said it has to be done soon.
After the nurse, we met with the anethesiologist, pulmonary dept and then she had labs to check for clotting problems(after her bad episode of bleeding post-adenoidectomy.) The nurse told Alison she couldn't believe how good she did and how polite she was and gave her a music tape and coloring book donated by some bluegrass singer. Which I got to hear on the ride home. Imagine my joy. Overall, the appt only took a few hours and went pretty smoothly. I am a nervous wreck over this though and it has been on my mind constantly. Hopefully it helps her sleeping and stuffiness, so that I know I made the right choice.
Deleting Blog Posts
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment