Wednesday, July 19

My long day started last night(even if that doesn't make sense). We finished dinner and I went to put the dishes in the sink. As I was walking, my knee made a loud pop and dislocated. Ouch doesn't even begin to touch that one. The girls were scarred for life. Poor Heather was sobbing and clinging to me. I tried my best to keep calm and reassure the kids I would be ok. My mother came to watch them and hubby took me to the ER. A few hours later, the Dr said that I had torn my tendon and cartilage and my knee cap had dislocated. He braced it, gave me crutches and instructions to stay off it(ha!) He told me to see a surgeon Monday. Lovely. He gave me pain medicine, but he said he checked with my neurologist who said I couldn't take them last night because I was scheduled for an ENG and EEG this morning. So I laid in bed all night, wide awake and not happy. I left at 6:30 a.m. for my tests. The ENG is something you would expect to see being done as a form of torture. Short version is that they send boiling hot water rushing through your ears, followed by icy water. Over and over. For 90 minutes(although there were other torturous tests involved too.) the technician said he couldn't give me my results, but he said that I did show many signs of severe vertigo. Hello, that is why I came. Then I had an EEG which was relatively simple and short.

Headed home, showered and grabbed the kids. Headed in to Children's hospital. Every road had road work. We parked and got inside and were already 30 minutes late. Checked in for Alison's immunology appt. and then we waited in the exam room for an hour and a half. I finally asked if they forgot we were there. Yikes. Then we hit tons of traffic on the way home. It doesn't help that the tunnels in Boston are all death traps, so everyone has to go around them, clogging the streets.

Needless to say, I am beyond exhausted and hoping for a full night's sleep tonight.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I sure hope you are getting rest! What an ordeal!

Anonymous said...

Umm,ouch! I hope your knee feels better quickly.