Thursday, June 8

I know you want to know how the appointments went, so here it goes.

Bob took the morning off to come with me to these appointments. Poor Alison woke up feeling really sick and still had to come with us because she had an ENT appointment. The ENT put a rush on a sleep study for Alison and said that he still recommends the surgery that he wanted done in January(I denied it then because it is serious surgery.) So we will decide on that once we get the sleep study done. As for Heather, the ENT sent her for an xray and said her adenoids are large, but he would like to hold off on removing them for now. He also said that her tracheomalacia(floppy airway) is actually Laryngomalacia and was diagnosed wrong(very commonly misdiagnosed he said). This doesn't change anything with it. He said he feels she will outgrow it and he doesn't need to operate. More good news. :) Then he sent both girls to get their hearing checked. Alison's mostly because she says "what" all day. Her hearing is fine and like I knew, it is just a 6 year old thing..lol. Then I took Heather in for her hearing test. She was a little nervous at first when they shut the soundproof doors. But she settled in. She was so funny to watch with the audiologist. She heard everything except repeatedly missed 2 different decebils of sound(they retested these 2 a ton and she kept missing them.) But they said they wouldnt worry and they will retest in 6 months. So I wont worry..much! We will be meeting back with the geneticist also this summer once we have sleep study results. He agrees that there is most likely a common factor of why the girls have similar issues and he wants to run some testing. So those were our appointments in a nutshell. So besides the running from building to building(in pouring rain) and looking for different departments, it wasn't bad. Hubby said to me on the ride home, " I just don't know how you do so many appointments there. I was stressed out after the first 10 minutes."


As for other news. I had to make a difficult choice about my LTN fundraising. Some issues recently made me decide that I would rather have my money go to a different group. I talked to my neighbor and we decided to have a team in their daughter's name for this year's walk.

And I had to add that my poor Alison is incredibly sick. Her temperature is sitting at 104.3 with tylenol. So cross those fingers it goes down and she feels better soon.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fell better Alison! I'm glad the Dr Appointments were good news. Remind me again what surgery they want Alison to have?


Call me later, I have a question for you. :)