Here is my dilemma... Heather has been waking up between 4:45 and 5:30 a.m every day for about 2 weeks now. I have tried a later bedtime(Which resulted in her waking even earlier both times!!) I have tried moving her nap time and even tried skipping it. She still got up early. Anyone have any tips or tricks on getting her to sleep later? Maybe she is just going to always be an early bird? Thing with her is when she wakes up it with lots of tears and needing to be held for an hour or so. That means Alison gets up because of the noise. if Heather would lay with me or watch a movie, that would be fine. But this is Heather and she doesnt work that way!
Well, I am off. Heather had PT and now I need to take Alison to her Dr appt and then to school. Wish me luck with Heather at Alison's appt. She has already been up for almost 5 hours and is sore from neck stretches!
Any sleep advice, please share! I'm sure some of you readers who never post may have some insight. :)
Deleting Blog Posts
9 years ago
3 comments:
I have heard this works (not for Colin though)...covering the windows to make it darker. This is the age where kids start to wake up earlier...especially since the sun is up earlier too. LOL! Seems to work for everyone I know...besides me...grrrr. LOL!
Oh...well, you don't want to hear what I have to say! LOL. Sam has been an early bird since he was born - he's going on 4, and it still is a VERY rare morning that he sleeps until 6am. He has gotten better, though, because when he was 2, it wasn't unusual for him to be up at 5am.
I have absolutely no advice, except get used to not sleeping (sucky advice giver I am). I tried absolutely everything. Then I gave up.
Did the time change help? Brooklyn wakes up around 6am. She went through a phase of getting up at 5am, but it has gladly passed. Now with the time change it doesn't seem as bad.
Hope you're getting some rest too!
Post a Comment