Friday, March 3

I spent all day today cleaning for Heather's party tomorrow. With cramps and being extra moody. Bob hurried out and took Alison to the library once Heather went in for her nap. I cleaned every room thoroughly, which was no easy task. All I have to say is cleaning sucks!

Heather had her water babies class Friday. She loved it.She didnt want to put her shoes on to leave home and I said we are going to go swimming. She got huge eyes and started dancing around in circles saying "let's go." We got there and I got her undressed in the locker room. She was saying bath and I thought she would have a fit when I tried to put her in a swim diaper and bathing suit. But she did fine.

We got in the pool and she was laughing and splashing. The instructor sang songs that involved the babies splashing and kicking. She did every part and tried to sing along. She stood on the side and jumped into my arms 4 times. They put out a little slide and she was hesitant to go on it. Finally she decided she would try. She went down it and I caught her in the water. She loved it and asked to go on again. She lasted the entire hour and did everything she was told to. I was very impressed!

I have been feeling bummed the past few days about Heather. I started noticing about a week a go that her flat spots were looking really bad again. I thought maybe I was imaging it. But having her in the tub with her hair wet the last few nights, it is very obvious that I am not imaging it. Even hubby walked in an commented on it. So I am at the what do I do point. Do I do nothing and just hope that it doesn't keep getting worse. Do I fight my insurance for further treatment and put Heather through it. I don't know yet. I emailed a fellow Massachusetts plagio mom who has "been there, done that" with her daughter. Her little girl regressed after treatment too. I am hoping she can give me some pointers as to what can be done. Heather is too old for another helmet. It wouldn't work. I am hesitant at surgery and am extremely doubtful that I could get insurance to cover it anyways. I am just feeling so sad over it. All she went through, actually our whole family did. So much money and time. Only to sit here tonight and worry about it.

2 comments:

mommy3 said...

Heather's water babies class sounds like fun! She's so brave to jump in, wow!

My heart sank to hear about Heather's flat spots. :(((( She (and you all) have certainly been through a lot. I hope there is something that can be done to help your sweet girl. {{{Big Hugs!}}}

Anonymous said...

Oh Ange, I'm so sorry. Please keep us posted if that other MA mom can give you any good insight. I'm sad for you. :(