Today we had Heather's Birthday party. I was a little nervous that she would be bossy and not let her cousin touch anything when he came. She had a melt down sharing with Aimee's little guy last time they came over and I thought that would happen again. But she did great. She wasnt bossy at all and even offered him toys to play with. She had a great time. She is little Miss Social. Greeted everyone with a hug and was such a show off. Alison was always so shy and Heather is the total opposite.
Before the party my mother came by with the cake. A friend of hers made it. As she got here she said that one of Blue's ears was coming loose. A few minutes later I looked over to see his face slowly sliding off. So I ran and held it in place. We tried to reattach it, just so it would hang on until everyone got there(this was 10 minutes before the party). No luck! But I did rescue it and put it on a plate for Heather. Heather still loved it and it was definitely the best cake I've eaten in a long time.
She opened the first gift from her aunt and wanted to play with that and not open anything else. It took some convincing to get her to try to open the rest. Luckily Alison and their cousin were there to open them for her..lol. She loved all of the toys and was so excited. She would say thank you to every single person in the room after she opened each gift. It was very cute.
My big 2 year old before her party.(She is sitting,hoping I will give her cake before the party)
Opening some gifts

The cake before the face incident(luckily I got pictures quick in case..lol)





That's all for tonight. I need to go eat some dinner. I had so much cake that I had to wait hours for my sugars to go down before I could eat anything else. I know the left over cake is going to be an issue! It is so good and I will be eating it for a week. I did send home some with a few people to get rid of a lot of it though!
Deleting Blog Posts
9 years ago
3 comments:
Heather looks so pretty and grown-up in her pink dress, waiting for cake. What a darling cake! I can't believe Blue fell apart.
Looks like Heather had a great time!
Be careful with those leftovers... "Step away from the cake..." ;)
She looks SO grown up! I can't get over what a big girl she is in that first picture. And what an awesome cake!
I love the picture of Heather in her chair.Such a pretty baby. I am glad the party went good. Did you say you have left over cake? I may have to stop by. :)
Post a Comment