Monday, February 27

I can't believe Heather will be 2 tomorrow. Technically not until late at night. She really wanted to be a leap year baby, but I refused to let her. My labor was induced at the crack of dawn on the 28th. By 8 pm my labor had slowed down even with pitocin.I did not want a leap year baby. The nurses kept saying she would probably be the 1st baby born on the 29th and the newspaper was there waiting for pictures. They really thought I would pose for photos after just delivering a huge baby after a full day of labor? Ha! I asked them to break my water, they were hesitant because she was very high up and taking her time. They decided around 9:30 to break it and so my labor picked up fast. Much more painful than with Alison. Heather's head was wedged in my pelvic bone and took some real manuevering for the Dr to get her out. We were so excited and scared to death at the same time. We had no idea if she would be perfectly healthy or very very sick. We had been prepared for months by specialists that she might not make it, or might have severe problems.The NICU team waited in the room with a peditrician as I delivered her, just in case. She came out and right away screamed to let us know she was not happy about coming out. I breathed the biggest sigh of relief ever hearing her cry. It was the best feeling. After seeing that she was okay, I knew we could deal with whatever "little" things came our way.

This little girl has been through so much and come so far. She has changed the lives of so many people around her, by showing them that nothing can be taken for granted and that anything can be accomplished with hard work and determination. All she has been through and she smiles and laughs the whole time. We can all learn a lot from kids like her. She has had more pokes, caths, tests and been in the hospital more than most adults. She has shown me that with hard work and motivation, anything can be accomplished. By the Drs standards, she shouldn't be walking, or should be walking with braces. She should have a trach tube to help her breathe. We refused it all along and she has been fine. She is amazing and I am proud of her every minute of every day.

I love this little girl with every part of me. I have never seen a sweeter child. She gives the biggest hugs and loves to cuddle. She laughs all day and has the biggest smile. All I have to do is look at her and she makes me happy. Like I said before, she is simply amazing.

I thought I would show some pictures of her over the past 2 years.


A Brand New Heather



















1 Month Old

















First Smiles~ 3 months old
















Prednisone Chub :) ~ 5 months old


10 months old~ Sick with Pneumonia and kidney infection


First Birthday!


Learning to Stand~ 14 months


One mad Girl after her first casting


15 months old~longest time inpatient(weeks)


Beach Babe~ 17 months


Silly Girl~ 20 months old


22 months old~ being a comedian like usual


Taken today~ the day before she turns 2

6 comments:

Sara T said...

I am such a dork. I actually felt like crying during that post. She really has come so far and is such a beautiful girl...inside and out! She is just so beautiful.

Also side note....I got her bday present this weekend and am sending it out. SO SORRY its late!!!! :( I suck!

Anonymous said...

That was such a sweet post!! I got all teary-eyed reading it too! Heather has come a very long way!! (I remember most of those pictures!) She is so lucky that she has a fabulous mommy who takes such good care of her!!

I'm another late birthday present mailer! (Even though I've had it for awhile!) It's going out today.

Praying for your dad today too!! Hope all goes well!

Jennifer :)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET GIRL!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Heather! May this year be a wonderful year for you. You have come a long way baby!

Angela let me know how your dad made out.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Heather, happy birthday to you, and many more!!!!! :D

Lots of hugs...

mommy3 said...

Baby's birth stories are the best! I could feel your emotion through your words and was teary eyed! Heather is so amazing, so sweet, and so smart. She has come a long way in her 2 years!

Loved seeing the pictures of her growing up... what a cutie!