Thursday, January 20

31 weeks


31 week shot (by Heather). I finally had my Ob visit. First was cancelled because of the blizzard. I moved it to the next week and we had another snow storm that day. Moved it to the next day and finally made it. He said everything looks great, blood pressure is good, weight is up about 10 lbs from the beginning. He plans to do another ultra sound around 36 weeks to estimate the baby's weight. We are getting the paper work finalized for the pre birth order(baby's birth certificate) this week and planning to tour the hospital next month sometime. I am starting to feel tired easier, the heart burn is brutal some days. Otherwise I feel the same as always. ;)

Someone asked me how my girls will feel when this baby doesn't come home with us. Honestly I am not sure. My older two know this isn't our baby at all, they know(and love) the parents and only ever refer to the baby when mentioning him in his house(what color is his room going to be, what will they name him?, etc). My littlest has no clue anything out of the ordinary is going on and has no idea a baby is in my belly. We arranged from the start to have my older girls come to the hospital to meet the little guy and see him with his parents. The social worker we met with told us this reassures the kids that the baby belongs to his parents and lets them feel involved and proud to have helped. I like to think we have handled this the "right" way and they are fully prepared. Our lives are the same daily now as they were before and we don't mention the baby often at all, I don't mention movements or pregnancy complaints around them. It is different than when it was their sibling coming and we talked about it to make it exciting. I think the hard part for all three will be me not being home. My girls are very(maybe too much so) attached to me. They don't like being away for even a day, so they will not be happy when I am MIA and at the hospital. I am hoping my mother can come stay here then and distract them.

3 comments:

Robin said...

You still look terrific...great pregnant person!

Jennifer said...

I am sure the girls will be very proud of you for being such a kind and giving person! And it sounds to me like you've done a great job handling it with them! You're getting so close! How exciting!

Jenni said...

You look so, so wonderful!!