Friday, November 12

My girls are getting so big so fast. It is amazing to watch them grow. I love seeing them do new things but I wish time would slow down a little too. Alison turned 11 this month and is so mature and such a sweet person. She has made a lot of new friends and they are all so nice. Her dad even commented to me that the kids at this school seem much friendlier(and less spoiled) than at her old school. She seems so much happier here which is great. I honestly wasn't sure she would adjust and do okay with the move. Heather is thriving too. Her class is easy for her but her teacher is working on ways to keep her engaged and give her extra stimulation. Her teacher told us she is reading ahead, has the best spelling in the class and gets along with all of the kids. We are still struggling with her anxiety. She gets so anxious in social situations, around adults she doesn't know well and if things are different. She can't cope, can't talk and it is affecting her. She wanted so badly to play indoor soccer here. We signed her up and talked about it, she was ready to go. We got there and she panicked majorly and couldn't stay. She was so upset. I keep mentioning this to the pediatrician a few times a year and she always brushes it off. I think we are not doing Heather any favors anymore by looking away though and that it is time to figure out what can help. Sarah is growing up fast too. She mastered jumping out of her crib, is starting to talk so much and is so full of life and personality. She goes to playgroup and the parents there love her because she sings as loud as she can manage and is such a show off for everyone.

0 comments: