Wednesday, July 28

Double Trouble

Morning sickness started right on time a few days a go. Nothing too terrible but I am sure it won't stay mellow. Today was our first U/S. The couple drove down from NY for the event. We all expected to see one nice strong heartbeat.(one of the 2 we transferred had a less than 10% of taking). The tech started the u/s and said she saw one healthy baby measuring 6 weeks 1 day with a heart beat of 125. A few minutes later she said "Wait, I should have looked closer, there is another hiding behind!" That one measured the same age and had a heartbeat of 129. She said they appear to be identical(one embryo split). The Dr said we will need to repeat the u/s in a few weeks to make sure they have a membrane between them(risk of cord accident if not) and to double check if they are identical or if that low quality embryo stuck and just appears to be in the same sack right now. I don't know how I feel about twins. I worry about not being able to keep up with Sarah when I get too big(and if I end up with problems from a twin pregnancy). I worry about needing a c section when I didn't with my own. But I keep reminding myself the end result is worth it, I did it to help them have a family and that's what we are doing!


I didn't get an U/S picture. They only gave me one and I felt they should have it. If they scan it, I'll post it later!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Congratulations! I hope all goes well for you/them. :)

Jennifer in CO said...

Praying everything works out!