
Just blame the elf when my child is laying on a therapist's couch in the future. I kept hearing about the Elf on the Shelf and thought how fun! So I bought one at the book store and set it on our shelf. Alison read the book to Heather and they were both in awe of this little elf in our kitchen. For about ten minutes. Then Heather cried, afraid the elf would come in her room at night and creep around. We assured her he wouldn't. She was okay until bed time that first night and then freaked out. I tried telling her he wasn't even real, I bought him. She would not believe me. I said "let's just put him away in a box so you won't have to think about it." She gasped and said " We don't put people in boxes!!!" She finally posted a little note on her door saying "no elf can come in". The next day she seemed to have calmed down...until bed time. I was tucking in Sarah when she sent Alison to find me and tell me she was afraid. I tried again to tell her he is not real, I bought him at the book store. She wouldn't believe me still. So I did what any mother would do, I took the little elf and flung him out into the shed. After a minute of shock she walked away and went to bed. Lesson learned, my child will NOT find it fun and exciting to have a little elf in our house. She will find it creepy and terrifying.
Deleting Blog Posts
9 years ago
3 comments:
OK, that is so cute!!! It is kind of a creepy looking elf!
That is too cute. I was thinking of getting that Elf, don't think I will now!! Poor Heather!
I, too, considered getting the elf. Good to know that the whole thing could be creepy to a five year old! And go Mommy on throwing him out in the cold. :)
Post a Comment