Friday, October 10

I am having one of those weeks where everything is just really irritating me. Lack of sleep maybe? Who knows. I snapped at my mother yesterday after she made a comment about me not giving Alison enough attention. She has always thrown in little comments here or there about how one of the kids needs more attention or this or that. I have always tried my hardest to not let it get to me. I know I am doing the best I can with my kids and honestly, that is all I can do. But yesterday I snapped. I told her I don't appreciate the little comments. She was defensive saying she meant nothing and that I am a terrific mother. But she left mad at me for being mad. Not a good day. Then today I snap at hubby for being selfish. He has always been selfish(as are most guys) and I always just deal with it and move on. Today though I got angry. Earlier this week I was so sick I could hardly get up to feed the baby. I asked him for the first time in 10 years to leave work early to come home. He said he couldn't. I took the kids to school and took care of the baby all day while the sickest I have been in years. Then today he asks to use my car. Why? He is leaving work early to go to a horror convention. He says he has gone over his weekly hours anyhow so he can leave work early no problem. Was it wrong of me to say what the hell? He can't leave to help out but he can leave to go to a horror convention? Priorities I guess..

So I am not going to answer the phone today or go near anyone because odds are I will get mad over something. And tonight I am going to aim for some sleep. Can someone let Sarah know she needs to sleep tonight?

6 comments:

Robin said...

I think hubby is brave for leaving work early to go to a horror convention!! Very brave indeed!!

Hope you have a better weekend then you had week.

Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. Motherhood can be a shitty suckfest enough without an unsupportive partner. I need to appreciate mine more. I try.

Hugs.

Judy said...

I would have been so p#$%@$$ at my husband if he had gone to a horror fest after NOT coming home to a sick me. I hope you let him know how you feel and what a jerk he was.
Hope your day is better today.

Jenni said...

Oh, yes. Men can be butt heads. I hope that you are feeling much better today, that you got some needed sleep and that mom understands where you're coming from. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry it's been one of those weeks for you, Ange! My mom does the same thing and I hate it! And you had every right to be mad at your hubby! That is awful! I hope you are feeling better and that Sarah starts letting you get some sleep! HUGS!

Lisa said...

Big hugs! Hope you are doing better!