Wednesday, November 28

I talked to the Dr Alison regularly sees for her TS last night. I talked to him for a while about how things are going and he let me come in to see him this morning after I dropped Alison off at school. He told me that the biggest challenge he has ever had is trying to treat children with tic disorders. He said it is completely frustrating because there are no medicine made to help. The medicines that sometimes help carry nasty side effects and some are long term even after the medicine is done. The other problem is that kids with tics usually have comorbities(ADHD, OCD, etc) and the medicines to treat those make the tics much worse. He thinks we should push the school to step forward and test her to make sure we aren't missing something like a learning disability and to make them put the accommodations that they already do in writing so that we know they can't change them without warning. He said we are better off waiting until our appointment in May to see a Dr at Children's hospital because he is the best in the world with tic disorders. So for now we just need to hang in there. I feel much better after talking to this Dr and seeing that I am not alone trying to figure this out. This can be a lonely journey at times.

0 comments: