Today while Heather had her physical therapy, I dropped off a packet to the special ed coordinator. Inside there was a letter stating we want to exercise our right by law to request Heather have an independent occupational therapy and speech evaluation done unless they can prove in a due process hearing that their assessment is comprehensive and appropriate. I also included a letter from the pediatrician stating Heather's diagnosis' and what they mean. Within an hour I got a call from the above said evil woman(aka special ed coordinator.) She suddenly wants to call a new team meeting to start up a new evaluation and see what they can offer. Catch is, they want the same OT to do the evaluation. The one who knew nothing at all about SPD and swore Heather didn't have it (part of why I had the Dr send in a letter stating her dx's.) I told them they need to find another OT to re-evaluate her and I will let them. So it is being discussed with their supervisor now. Also, the preschool spot that wasn't available previously because Heather was on an IEP may now be workable. The director will call me next week after setting it all up. Oy vey.
Deleting Blog Posts
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment