Sunday, August 19

Chaos

Friday, we (and by we I mean me) moved Heather's room into Alison's. They now share a room. Heather who sleeps in the dark, with a fan and Alison who sleeps in quiet with a small light. I was fearful. VERY fearful. But hubby kept urging me to do it. I talked about it with the kids and they agreed. I am not convinced they knew what it was really going to be like, but they agreed. I lugged all of Heather's furniture in while trying not to squish my children running beside me. Night 1 went good. Too good. No one came out, no one cried. Night two was not as successful. I think it was partly my fault. I was tired, it was late and I put them in at the same time. Big mistake. It started off bad and got worse. Heather came out many times during the night. Nightmare. She was up for good at 4 am.

Yesterday was spent removing the carpet and painting in Heather's old room. Today we (again I mean me, hubby is a work- a- holic) moved our bedroom furniture into Heather's old room. Have I mentioned every piece of furniture we own is big. And heavy? I then moved the toys that were multiplying across the house into what was our old room. I am finally almost done with this chaos. Thank god because even muscles I didn't know I owned hurt.

Let's pray that this works out so I am not moving everything back. Lord help us.

Somehow this weekend we also fit in time to go next door to our neighbor's party. (She was diagnosed last year with leukemia. She is doing awesome after a long hard road and is heading to college.) And I took the girls to visit my in laws today.

1 comments:

Kris said...

Wow! That sounds like a lot of work! I hope the nights get better and they get used to sharing a room.