Saturday, August 25

Cape Cod

We headed to Cape Cod early Friday. The weather was finally hot and perfect for the beach. We stayed at a hotel in Falmouth across from the beach. We love this beach because you get a perfect view across the sound over to Martha's Vineyard and the water stays pretty warm.

The Sagamore Bridge to Cape Cod(view from the canal up)


At the beach

View from the beach to Martha's Vineyard

A mother and baby whale at the beach. They were about 10 feet from shore. At first the life guards panicked thinking it was a Great White and cleared the water until they realized it was just whales.


Nobska Point Light House
view from in front of the light house

Cliff overlooking Nantucket island Sound


Feeding fish at the fish hatchery

Flying kites

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Giant sigh. You make me miss New England.

I wish we could afford to come back and rent a beach house for a week - then I think I would enjoy coming back. But I don't see that in the forseeable future!

And how cute is Heather's hair getting so long! I wish I could let Lucy's grow out - but considering she won't let me brush it/put it up, I don't think it's wise. But little girls with long hair look SO cute.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. The kids look so grown up. I hope to get to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!!! Glad you got to enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! It looks so beautiful there! Love the pics!