Sunday, July 8

Random things that you probably don't care about and will forget as quickly as you navigate away from my blog...

Since there is nothing on TV, I finished my book and hubby is still at work-here goes some random rambling...

I just got an emergency call from my brother. He was down on my porch calling me to come open the door. I assume he has his arms full of lord knows what. I push the door open as he says "Don't touch there!". A HUGE beetle(huge doesn't even describe it) is on the other side of the screen where my hand is. He called me down so that his hand wouldn't have to go near this huge beetle with it's fangs open and ready for attack. I told him next time I am not answering the phone.


I have been super impressed with Alison since school got out. I was a little worried when she told me she wasn't going to camp. But I have honestly enjoyed having her home. Most of the time that is. She has already read 8 out of 14 books on her library summer reading club list. She has been helping around the house and has just been a fun kid to be with.


Did you know(or care?) that cat fish can grow huge? I never knew and wish I still didn't. Damn Google. Heather spotted a catfish off the dock in NH. I was amazed how big it was and googled to see if they get bigger. Little did I know our 8 inch guy was nothing in comparison. I may never swim in a lake again. *shiver*


I saw a magnet today that fits me perfectly. It says"I don't procrastinate, I reschedule" How true. I have managed to reschedule almost every appointment from the last 2 weeks because it is so much work trying to find a sitter in the summer and impossible to drag both kids to an appointment.


Well, I have run out of random thoughts for the moment!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I love the beetle story.

Anonymous said...

I don't know which is grosser, the beetle, or the idea of gigantic catfish.

Anonymous said...

okay.... number one - remind me NEVER to come visit you when those disgustingly HUGE beetles are around. EWWWW - bugs don't usually bother me, but no thank you.

number two - i will never go swimming in another lake either. i'm terrified of fish as it is - and those catfish just about gave me a heart attack.

thanks, what kind of friend are you - now i have anxiety and will have nightmares. lol :)

Kris said...

The bug thing....EWWW! We have all sorts of weird creatures here and I never get used to it. Anything with more than 4 legs freaks me out. YUCK!

Yay for Alison and her reading! That's awesome! I'm so glad she is doing so well this summer.

I so totally need that magnet too. It fits me perfectly!

Anonymous said...

"I don't procrastinate, I reschedule"...That is AWESOME!! That is totally me too!