I can hardly believe I have a second grader. When did that happen? Yikes. Today was her last day of school and she left this morning a little teary eyed at the thought of not having her teacher anymore.
After school, I took the girls to Drumlin Farm to walk around. Of course as soon as we made it down the 9 mile(okay maybe .5 mile) path, the rain started. Luckily, I convinced the girls we are durable enough to keep walking even if it is pouring. We saw all of the animals in record time and headed out to grab some dinner.

After dinner we went to Target and they picked out a Shrek bowling set, which kept them occupied until bedtime. As I was tucking Alison in, she told me she was excited for morning. I said, "because it is summer?" She said, "no, because every day is closer to the start of second grade!" Let's hope she is this excited come the first day!
Deleting Blog Posts
9 years ago
2 comments:
That's so cute! Bailey is thrilled to be a 2nd grader also. Of course, he likes to continue that with "and then 3rd grade and then 4th grade" and go all the way up to "12th grade" and then triumphantly crow "AND THEN COLLEGE!"
I must be doing something right to have a 7 year old so darned excited about moving away to college! :)
That's awesome that she loves school so much. I hope Hayleigh likes it that much too. I can't believe we have second graders! Where does the time go?
The farm lookes like so much fun! Great pictures!
Post a Comment