Monday, May 7

The good, the bad and that's about all

As for the good portion of my post, Heather slept in her bed all night for the first time last night. She is also now fully potty trained. Amazing. She has not had any accidents and stays dry all night. She even got past her public bathroom fear(more like terror) and used a public bathroom at OT today.

Now for the bad news. My car decided Saturday that it would randomly break with no warning. Black smoke, rattling, dying on a highway(with Heather in the car). All the good stuff. I had it towed, but they couldn't take us since we had Heather. So we stood on the side of the road for an hour holding a car seat, Heather, and some bags, until my brother could come rescue us. The news has not been good on my car. It looks like the engine blew and can't be repaired. Of course as luck would have it, this was my car. Our newer car that we planned on keeping for years. It couldn't be hubby's car that is broken and needs to be junked. So as it stands, we are down to one car, a broken car with a *cough* rejection sticker on it from last year. Apparently I will be buying a car this week and praying that I can get a loan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that sucks Angela! I just imagined you guys there on the side of the road - how stressful for you! That's awful!

Good luck with a new car - I know this is the last thing you needed!

Anonymous said...

Oh man!! That totally sucks!!! I am so sorry!! How awful that you and Heather had to stand there waiting on the side of the road!
:( I hate when junk like this comes up...as if there is not enough stress!

Congrats on Heather being fully potty trained!!! That is AWESOME!!! :)

Kris said...

Oh that sucks! I'm sorry that happened. Did you get a new car yet?