Thursday, May 31

Different

Heather decided that her name is no longer Heather. She now insists that you call her "different". I asked her where she got that from and she says she doesn't know. Nothing can convince her to go by Heather. It has been a few days where she won't answer unless you say "different" and she introduces herself as this too. Her imaginary friends are still sticking around too. Jane and Wendy. She says they live in our house and she gets irritated when they randomly vanish mid game. I never claimed my child was normal..lol!

We had our last covered session of Occupational therapy today. Now begins the battle with the insurance company again. Yuck. She will be beginning speech therapy at her current OT place, where they can continue working on oral strength as well as her speech. her vocabulary is amazing. She is definitely the smartest 3 year old I've met. But her articulation isn't great because of the low muscle tone and tongue thrust. Her stutter has also gotten pretty severe. Hopefully the new therapist will be great.

After OT this morning, we sped drove to Alison's school in time to catch the last 15 minutes of her Gymboree Day(field day). Tomorrow is her class walk in the woods(if the rain stops) and next week is her field trip to the farm and portfolio day(I go see her work).

Last but not least, I got my car back yesterday. Apparently fate does not want me driving this car. My alternator went and my vacuum hose broke and both had to be replaced. Luckily the mechanic felt bad for me and charged me only for the alternator with no labor. Let's hope this is it for a very long time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed that the car stays healthy!

And I love love love Heather wanting to be called different. I just think that's so cute.

Kris said...

How cute! lol. Kailyn insisted we call her "Princess" for the longest time. She would not answer to anything else. Glad that's over. lol

I'm sorry you are having so much trouble with the car. It always happens all at once, doesn't it? Hopefully that will be the last of the car problems for a while.

I hope the insurance company works with you on the OT. Paying out of pocket is no fun, that's for sure.

Cindy said...

oh man, I hope your car behaves now! And I hope your insurance company will cooperate!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't have to fight the insurance company too much!! Hopefully they'll just be nice for once!!

I hope the car stays good for a LONG time now!!! Thank goodness the mechanic at least gave you a little break.

Have a good week!!!