Sunday, May 20

Can we bottle some of that for mommy?

If only Alison would share some of her endless energy, it would be much easier to make it to bedtime as a cheerful mommy. This child never sits still. Ever. She is always in motion..dancing, skipping, bouncing. She can not sit in a chair to eat, she flops all over and you have to keep reminding her. People always comment on how she is active but in a "girly way". Her Dr wanted me to start her on medicine for the ADHD. I saw no reason why. I have to say that it is getting worse though and I am starting to contemplate trying it to see. I had thought of waiting until the end of summer to start the medicine, so it would kick in just for school. But the thought of 2 months of this is making me think maybe we will talk about starting it sooner. It can't be fun for her to have people always telling you to calm down or sit still.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Jordan is the same way. He is never still. There is always some motion going on. If he stands in front of me to talk he's either shifting his feet, jumping up and down, turning in circles, or something. He just can't be still. Eating at the table is always stressful. He's always out of his seat. This also gets him in trouble at school A LOT.

I didn't want to start the medication either so I have put it off for a long time. I think before school starts next year, though he is really going to need it. Not only will it help me so I don't get so irritated with him, it will help his mind settle down a bit too.

I know another medication is not something you are looking forward to trying, though. But hopefully it will all be ok and it will help her a lot.

In the meantime, if you find a way to bottle up that energy please let me know. I have NONE right now. lol

(((HUGS)))

Cindy said...

Oh man!! I hope you find the solution soon! You need a break badly!!!