Tuesday, March 27

Long morning

I took my brother to the surgeon today for his wrist. I brought along Heather who was not in the best mood. He was then referred him on to a different surgeon. he has an appt Thursday to see the surgeon who did both of Alison's hand surgeon. Hopefully he will be able to get it back together.

I get home to a message saying that Heather's OT was denied. Again. They need to re-evaluate her and submit that and then we can appeal it. But no one can give me a positive answer that the insurance will cover the $400 evaluation. I am so tired of these phone calls and all of the stress. Half of me wants to throw in the towel and say forget it. But the other half of me keeps pushing for Heather and I don't want to be one of those parents who gives up because it is easier. Hopefully the end result of all of this will be that she gets more OT appts covered. If not, on to plan B. No clue what that is yet though..lol.

I had a conference yesterday with Alison's teacher. It went pretty well. Her teacher is noticing more tics now, which may actually be a good thing because it means Alison isn't spending her energy trying to hide them. She says Alison is excelling in math and can complete any proble thrown at her. She is also in the top 3 as far as reading. The only problem is still that she likes to talk and has some issues focusing. But the teacher said they are working on that daily and it seems to be getting better. The school is setting up something called an "ACT" meeting. Apparently the staff gets together and discusses strategies for what might help Alison in class. I was also told that she is at the top of the list for them as far as getting her settled in a second grade class next fall. They are figuring out now which class would best suit her and told me they are moving a few friends there with her. So things seem to be starting to fall into place.

0 comments: