My parents had given me 2 tickets to see the Blue Man Group this weekend. According to the tickets, I am in "the poncho seating section". Where things from the stage may splash on you. Alrighty then... I will be sure to give you a full review.
For some reason, I can not seem to blog without mentioning my children. So here goes-- I had a phone conference with Alison's teacher today. Same conversation we have had 3 other times this year. My child is wonderful in class, gets along great with the other kids, can handle the most difficult math problems and is at the top of the class academically. I talked to her(again) about the problems with homework at home.(I can't elaborate on these problems, because I will then need a Valium.) Her suggestion was that she will break up the homework more when sending it home with Alison. Like only sending home that night's homework instead of 4 nights worth. You know, like normal schools do. That way Alison won't get so overwhelmed. Or so we hope.
Alright, someone tell me to get off of here and fold my laundry so that I can go to bed at a humanly hour for once.
Deleting Blog Posts
9 years ago
1 comments:
I saw Blue Man Group in Boston when I was pregnant with Sam (I vividly remember, because he was totally jumping all around with all the percussion). It's a lot of fun!
What is UP with homework and school nowadays? Bailey has an unreal amount. I mean, I'm an educator, and I'm appalled by what he comes home with. He has 20 minutes of reading every night, spelling homework assignment every night (that takes around 15 minutes) PLUS math homework a couple times a week PLUS a reading project that is due every Friday. I wasn't doing that much homework until 6th or 7th grade!
UGH. And Bailey doesn't have the anxiety issues that Alison does, so I can only imagine what you guys go through...
Post a Comment